Tuesday 26 February 2013

Less is More Challenge - Week 108

Hi Crafting Lovelies

Firstly I'd like to thank my most recent followers for adding themselves to my small but growing list.  Its always great to find out that you guys actually want to see my creations, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside so thank you so much :) xx

So, on to today's card and I was delighted at the weekend when I saw that the latest challenge over at Less is More was to use paper piercing on our projects.  Although I've only been blogging for a couple of months I've been cardmaking for a few years and I've had a lonely little metal paper piercing stencil in my stash which had been forgotten so I couldn't wait to have a play again, and I forgot how therapeutic it was! 

This is what I came up with...(apologies again for the poor photography, can't wait for the lighter evenings so I might be able to get some decent shots!)
 

 and a closer view...

 
There were lots of ornate swirls, flowers and leaves on the stencil but I decided to stick with the straight line of dots.  I used the same row of dots to create the five lines, each a different length.  This was my second attempt, on the first one I used five different flower stamps but it just didn't look right so I recreated it using the same little flower head in five different colours.  I then stamped the sentiment above but something was missing so I added the little mosaic gems in colours to match each flower.  This panel was then popped up onto 3D foam.
 
Materials used:
  • Cardstock: Card blank - from stash; Stamped/Pierced card - Kanban 300gsm Brilliant White Cardstock
  • Stamps: All from Penny Black 'Salutations' stamp set
  • Ink: Versacolour - Mint, Orange, Pink, Lilac, Lavender; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Gems: Papermania Mosaics - Sets: Sapphire & Topaz, Citrine & Peridot, Ruby, Pink Diamond, Amethyst
 
I'm really pleased with how this turned out and thoroughly enjoyed making it so I think my little stencil may be coming out to play a lot more often :)
 
Thanks for visiting as always.
 
Neet x

 


18 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, perfect for the less is more challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh love this Neets! I love how your gems match those really cute flowers too! I'm ordering more Stampin' Up stencils this week...I've really got into the paper piercing lol! If you want me to order any while I'm at it, let me know! ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizy, I will have a look at the catalogue. Do you have a hard copy you could send me or do I have to view it from the link on your blog? xx

      Delete
    2. Hi hun! I can send you one if you like....email me at lizyshouseofcards@mail.com :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your card is gorgeous! Great CAS design and I love your paper piercing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply fab, what a great idea perfectly executed!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty card, Anita! I Love your paper piercing, these straight lines are really beautiful and very zen!

    Have a nice day...
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea for piercing - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful! Definitely CAS. Love it muchly :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your paper piercing! I have been using it quite often on my cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely - great CAS card. Love the tiny bling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great interpretation of the challenge. Loved to read how the card evolved as you went along...funny how you know when something is missing and it needs a little bit more, and you did this perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delicate and pretty design, love the tiny gems to match the flowers :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card and very clever. I will not be surprised if the DIVAs select your card to be showCASed this week.

    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. your cards just get better and better... fab card Neets

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just lovely, and I know what you mean about a card evolving. But the final result is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card Anita. What a great way to do paper piercing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...