Saturday 4 January 2014

40 & Fabulous

Good morning fellow crafters

Just a quick post this morning.

2014 is the year when many of my friends (and myself) will be hitting the big 40 milestone....eeek!  How scary is that?!  So here is the first of a few 40 cards I'll be making this year.




I used a couple of fishtail flag dies to cut out various pieces of patterned paper from a pack I've owned for years but had abandoned.  I love black, white and pink so plan to use more of this again.  The '& fabulous' sentiment was actually from 2 separate phrases in the same stamp set so I used post-it notes to cover the parts I didn't want to use before inking up.

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Dovecraft - Designed Paper Pack 'A Hint of Pink'
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Fishtail Flag Stax
  • Stamps: Dovecraft - Numbers; Clearly Besotted Stamps - A Little Sentimental
  • Ink:  Versa Color - Magenta
  • Ribbon from stash


Challenge entries:

I think this is my first time entering a card for these two :)

Seize the Birthday - Anything Goes with 'Toppings' option of Numbers

Freshly Made Sketches #117



Thanks, as always, for popping by.  That's all from me today as I've got a busy day ahead.  It's time to put all the Christmas decorations back in the loft and then try to get the flat back to normal, as well as doing a food shop and popping into work to clean the office.

Hope to see you soon :)






16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card for a fabulous 40! If you need advice on the milestone give me a shout. Unfortunately I'll be heading to the midway point to the next milestone this year! Arghhh! Always love your cards and I'll be posting my similar number one a little later but I did make it last night! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please, any advice would be great! ;) I'm dreading the arrival of May! Yikes!! Looking forward to seeing your next card later xx

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful CAS card! I love the colors and how you've used the ribbon with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great "40" card...and you are so right, I like that color combo also! And the various paper cut with the fish tail dies are a nice blend! thank you so much for linking this up to the Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is 40 and FABulous...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card!! I love the papers and colors!!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of color - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Anita, I have those papers in my stash somewhere too! Hope you haven't been affected by the horrible weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gillian. The weather is pretty bad down here right now with lots of roads apparently flooded. I've a feeling my route to work may be impassable tomorrow! xx

      Delete
  9. Fabulous is a perfect word for this card! I love the "sassy" colors and the ribbon as a perfect complement. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate you linking this up with us over at Seize the Birthday...great layout and love the bold 40 in hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours and DP you've used, stunning! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Neets, lovey bright card! And between you and I I would never have guessed your age, I'm 34 and from your profile picture I always assumed you'd be younger than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bless you, sweet. Well between you and I (and now the rest of Blogland!) my pic is three years old! :D Can't seem to find a more recent one that I'm happy with. That shall be this year's mission! xx

      Delete
  13. This is a fabulous CAS card! The colours are very striking. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...