Wednesday 23 April 2014

Color Throwdown #289 - Guest Star Stamper

Hi there

Today I'm delighted to share the news that I was recently lucky enough to be Featured Stamper at the Color Throwdown Challenge and have therefore been invited to be Guest Star Stamper for their latest challenge! How could I say no?!  The Design Team are so talented so I'm absolutely thrilled to get the chance to feature in this week's challenge alongside them.



Here is the beautiful colour palette for the latest challenge:



I was excited when I saw these colours as I was dying to ink up a new stamp set I recently purchased from Uniko Studio and these colours are perfect for a floral themed card.  I don't have any Stampin' Up inks in my stash so I used the closest shades I had and came up with this.



I do have some Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper in my stash, albeit now retired, but as its Perfect Plum I decided to use some and adhered a strip along the bottom edge of my landscape card.  Next I cut a panel of white cardstock and began stamping.  This new stamp set from Uniko Studio, Background Builders: Vines, has so many options and a lot of two-step stamping.  The combinations are endless and I only used a small selection of stamps from the set.  Next I stamped a central sentiment before mounting the white panel onto some green cardstock, which was then adhered to the base card.

Materials used:

  • Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up - Designer Series Paper: Subtles (retired)
  • Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Premium Cardstock (green); white cardstock from stash
  • Stamps: Uniko Studio - Background Builders: Vines, and Flower Power #2
  • Ink: Versa Color - Grape, Petal Pink and Olive; Versafine - Onyx Black


I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Stampin' for the Weekend - Your Favourite Stamp (after one use this has got to be my new favourite set!)
Moving Along with the Times - A Card containing the word 'Happy'
Less is More - Week 168 - Theme 'Makes Me Smile' (this new stamp set!)


I would like to say a MASSIVE thank you to Tammy and the girls at the Color Throwdown for letting me join them this week.  Why not pop over there for some inspiration from this fab Design Team and have a go at the challenge yourself.

Thanks for visiting today, I hope to see you again soon :)






11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Anita. Love the delicate little flowers and the way you used the colors. Congrats on being the Guest Star Stamper at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Love its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Anita, this is such a gorgeous, classy card! It looks like exquisite stationery you would buy in a high end shop! So happy to have you guesting with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoopie great to see you are GDT this week and a strikingly beautiful card too. Not played with much of that set but suitably inspired now. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neets, this is gorgeous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neets this is so stylish, lovely card!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and elegant!! Thanks joining as this week at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous CAS card! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers are wonderful and love the striped strip at the bottom...fab layout!! So glad you played with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...