Saturday 10 May 2014

Crazy for CAS - Guest Designer!

Hi there

I'm back from my little break in Cornwall and have some great news today.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win a challenge at Crazy for CAS and in doing so I have been given the opportunity to be Guest Designer for the next challenge!  I absolutely love CAS cards and my style has slowly evolved to become clean and simple so its an honour to be given this chance to be part of the Design Team for this challenge.



This time the challenge is to make a CAS creation with twine or ribbon.  I've seen twine and ribbon being used in so many ways to accent cards, its a great staple to have in any stash.

So, without further ado, here is my card...




I started by die cutting the geometric rose out of some pink cardstock.  Next I stamped and die cut the flower and leaves.  I threaded the twine through the button leaving two long strands and then, after adhering a large glue dot to the back of the button, started looping and securing the twine in a floral pattern.  I then used a second glue dot to adhere the button to the flower.  I used a clear stamp for the sentiment which I curved on the acrylic block to follow the curve of the die cut before stamping.  And to finish, I added a few co-ordinating sequins and rounded the top corner. 

Materials used:
  • Dies: Clearly Besotted - Geometric Rose Die Large, Fancy Florals
  • Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Fancy Florals and A Little Sentimental
  • Ink: Versa Color - Lavender, Mint
  • Button: Stampin' Up - Designer Subtles Collection
  • Hemp Twine: Hemptique - Ruby collection
  • Sequins: Doodlebug

Challenge entries:
Addicted to Stamps - Challenge #94 - CAS
Dream Valley Challenges - Challenge 81 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes


They have a great Design Team over at Crazy for CAS so why not pop over and get some more inspiration and have a go at entering the challenge.  The challenge will run for two weeks from this morning.

Thanks so much for visiting today, your comments are so appreciated.  Have a wonderful weekend x


7 comments:

  1. Hey! Congrats all round. I saw your giraffe card a few weeks ago and loved it but hadn't discovered the challenge before. Your GDT Card is stunning and unbeatable. May have to pop across this week and join in. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and what a super cool card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layered flower with the twine loops. Great CAS card. Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM and Good Luck with the DT call. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, I saw this on Crazy for CAS and just thought it was stunning. Had to pop by and see how you made it. I love it and so very creative. So pleased you shared it with us at ATSM and good luck in the DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, how beautiful! I love the colours and the pretty layers on the flowers, yet so CAS! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have you as guest designer Anita and you made another great card love what you did with that twine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...