Thursday 25 September 2014

40th Birthday Cocktail

Hi guys

I thought I'd wait until this morning to share my next card.

This was a commission card made for a mutual friend who turned 40 earlier this week.  I bought this Stampin' Up set, 'Happy Hour' months ago but this is the first time I've inked it up.  I wanted to make something bright so this is what I came up with...





I stamped the cocktail glass with the orange slice and straw and then cut this out using a stitched oval die.  I then stamped the 'Happy 40th' on dark pink cardstock in VersaMark ink before heat embossing with white embossing powder.  This was then cut out with a circular die.  I cut some patterned paper at an angle and adhered this to the card base.  The die cuts were popped up on 3D foam and I finished off by adding a few Doodlebug Sprinkes.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up - Happy Hour; Clearly Besotted - Basic Numbers
  • Ink: Versa Color - Raspberry, Orange and Imperial Blue; VersaMark
  • Embossing Powder: Wow - Opaque Bright White
  • Dies: Lil' Inker Designs - Stitched Ovals; Xcut - Nested Circles
  • Patterned Paper: Doodlebug - Kraft in Color: Color
  • Cardstock: Papermania - Solid Coloured Cardstock; white from stash
  • Doodlebug Sprinkles - Lilac Selection

Challenge entries:

A Gem of a Challenge - Challenge #128 - Milestone Birthdays


That's all I have at the moment, all the cards I have made have been shared so I'd best get a wriggle on and make some more!  Have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)



11 comments:

  1. Such a fun color combo, and I love your design, Anita! Your stamping is always so crisp and clean and absolutely perfect...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun birthday card!!! Thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love anything bright and cheery, but add a cocktail and now you're talking, what a FUN design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Anita, I love the colour combo! What a fab, happy and cheery card! :D Great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a fun card!! I love the cheery colors and enamel dots!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and that's a lovely colour combo.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I can really find some inspiration here. You have a new follower. A silent one, mostly.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...