Saturday 20 June 2015

Seaside Love

Hi guys

If you are looking for my Less is More stencil cards please scroll down to my previous post.


I'm just swinging by to quickly share a card I've made for the current challenge at Curtain Call.  Here is the fab inspiration pic they have given us...



I knew without looking I didn't have anything flip floppy in my stash but the first thing I saw when looking at this picture was of course a beach scene, but also two wonky open hearts.  So that's the direction I went in to create this card.




The blue panel was leftover from this card, where I watercoloured with Distress Inks before spritzing with water to remove the colour. So I cut the panel down using a wavy dotted border die.  This represented the water in the photo so I then used a scrap of kraft cardstock and created the same wave to represent the sand, stamped the sentiment and adhered this behind the blue panel before adhering to my card base.  I used some quirky heart dies to create the open hearts from turquoise cardstock.  These were solid hearts so I used the smaller dies too to create the apertures in the centres.  I snipped one heart so I could link them together, and adhered to the panel before smothering them with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamp: Clearly Besotted - A Little Something
  • Dies: Avery Elle - Dotted Borders Die (new from the show last week); Clearly Besotted - Love Hearts and Mini Love Hearts
  • Accents: Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents


I am also going to link up at the following challenges:

A Gem of A Challenge - Challenge #147 - Summer Time (beach
Daring Cardmakers - Bokeh Technique (I used water to remove the colour instead of adding detail with white ink)
Happy Little Stampers - June CAS Challenge - Sprays Mists


That's all for now, must dash, we're off out to lunch with Matt's parents and I've still got wet hair!



14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card! I like your clean and simple style. Thanks for sharing with the Daring Cardmakers this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative with your watery background and strip of sand Anita. Love that you've created these heart outlines and linked them together ... they looks so pretty with the sparkle and gloss. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Neets, lovely design and colours.

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card...love your beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are we having a great-minds moment, Anita? I LOve your version with those dazzling, glossy-licious hearts!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! That inked background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever and beautiful take on the challenge, Anita! I love your sparkly, shiny, 'wonky' hearts so much, and your Bokeh panel is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. Love the CAS feel of your card. Thanks for joining in at daring cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - the background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very beautiful. Your clean layout flatters the great bokeh background. Thanks for sharing your card with the Daring Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, I like the design, Thank you for taking the time to play along with us at Gem of a Challenge, Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely simple design
    Thanks for sharing with us at a gem of a challenge
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...