Saturday 4 June 2016

Less is More Week 279

Hi there

The first Saturday of the month means that our new challenge this week at Less is More is a Colour challenge.  And this time we would like you to...


Use Some Purple


Our wonderful Sponsors for the month of June are Dies to Die For and STAMPlorations.  


For my first card this week I've used some stamps by STAMPlorations, sent to me by the super generous Shery!  Thanks so much for my happy mail, Shery!



I stamped the rose image with waterproof ink onto some watercolour paper and coloured it with my Inktense pencils and water.  I then stamped the sentiment from the same set in black ink.  The plan was to add diagonal stamped stripes to the corners but I messed up my stamping so I saved my panel by slicing off the two corners and then mounting it to my card base which was first covered with purple polka dot paper...phew!  I think I prefer this look anyway, so never throw away creations that could be used after all!  A few sequins finished off the card.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: STAMPlorations - About a Rose
  • Ink: Archival - Jet Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Coloured with Derwent Inktense pencils
  • Patterned Paper: Dovecraft - Back to Basics IV 6x6 Designer Paper Pack
  • Accents: Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Sparkling Rainbow Sequin Mix

Challenge entry:

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #89 - Petals



I did a bit of masking to create this next monochrome card...



I started by masking a cardstock panel with the aperture created from a circle die, which I placed off the edge.  I blended within the mask with Distress Ink before splattering with water.  I left the bottom part of the mask in place but removed the top half before stamping the foliage in three different purple shades extending above the circle.  The sentiment was stamped in black before adhering the panel with 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Wilted Violet; Versa Color - Imperial Blue, Boysenberry, Heliotrope; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Stamps: Inkylicious - Meadow Breeze; Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greetings II

Challenge entries:

CASology - Week #200 - CAS

Simon Wednesday Challenge BlogSimon Monday Challenge Blog



Thanks so much for visiting today.  My LIM teamies and I would love for you to join in this week so if your creation is CAS and uses purple, why not link up?!

Hope to see you again soon.



20 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards! Great save on the first one - it looks like an intended design feature! What a gorgeous rose stamp. The Inktense pencils get a lovely result... hope this isn't going to turn into another 'Neets enable' on my wishlist!!! The masking on the second card looks fab with the stamping popping over the top. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! loving these two beauties and what a neat and clever way to rescue the first one. Superb inky blending and just love how those blooms extend beyond your masked circle. Great to see you link the first one up at ATCAS - thanks so much and have a fun weekend. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so elegant, Anita - beautiful stamping and composition as always! I love the single rose and sentiment on the first card and the cluster of flowers with the inky circle look stunning. Great inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the color purple! What a sweet sentiment on your first card. Love the masked circle focal point. You were able to get such depth with your flowers using different shades of purple. And all that white space kept it beautifully CAS. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rose card is so lovely Anita but my goodness....what a WOW card that second one is. I'm drooling at your fantastic masking and stamping skills on that one. Have a terrific week.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the different shades of purple work so well together to give a soft effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Great job on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous coloring of that rose, but I like your second card even more - eye-candy! Like all those different shaded plants you stuck into that circle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two simply beautiful cards...I am in love with that gorgeous purple rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards, Anita! I love how you stamped the rose and your sentiment is so lovely! Beautiful design on your 2nd card, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both really beautiful!
    Sarita x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these are just beautiful in the purples, Anita! I think my favorite is the get well card, I just love how you made the round image. So happy you joined us this week in our Monochrome challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great save!
    I love those dreamy flowers on your Get Well card, just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. incredible cards, I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well saved, no-one would know if you hadn't confessed. The dotty corners look very stylish. Love the masked inky circle,these were the first set of stamps I bought and it's probably time I got them out again. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful cards, Anita! Color, OMG, perfect purple. Thank you for playing along with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello Anita! both cards are fabulous...pretty flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two fabulous cards, great masking on the second card, and such a lovely vibrant purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulous card, Thanks for playing along at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty. Love the pop of purple and that beautifully colored flower. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...