Monday 6 March 2017

Muse #206 - If Friends Were Flowers...

Hi there

It's my turn to be your designer over at Muse this week.

My card today is a little different for me but I hope you can get some inspiration from it.  I bought a couple of stamps from Imagination Crafts at a show last year and still hadn't used them so I put one to use on this card.  I love how the stamped part is the background rather than the focal images.



I started by stamping the image in black ink off the edge of a white panel and then embossed it in clear embossing powder.  I then used Distress Inks to watercolour the flowers.  I tried to stay true to the colours of echinacea flowers (also known as coneflowers), although never realised they can also be yellow, white and orange (thanks Google!).  The sentiment was stamped in black before being mounted offset over some orange textured cardstock.


Materials used:
  • Stamps: Imagination Crafts - Echinacea Field; Clearly Besotted Stamps - Pretty Petals
  • Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
  • Coloured Cardstock: Papermania

Challenge entries:

The Flower Challenge - Challenge #6 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - No Designer Paper
Stamping Sensations - March Challenge - Close to Nature
Time Out - 3rd Birthday Challenge - Love/Friendship (optional twist of spotlighting) - no optional twist for this one




Thanks so much for visiting me today.  I hope you'll fee inspired to play along at Muse this week.

25 comments:

  1. Awesome ! Love the fab coloring and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card !!!!!!

    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Anita! I love the bold colors against the black background...so striking! Such a sweet sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a card - I am lost for words - absolutely STUNNING!!!!! Perhaps I find time to play along...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, just saw your card at Muse and had to come tell you what a stunner. Never seen that stamp before but it looks so effective with the pink and orange, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a neat card. I really like the image and the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful floral creation and very effective use of colour, many thanks for joining in with our 'Close to nature' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I subscribe to your newsletter but sadly hardly ever leave a comment because I just whizz through and wish that I could create as you do. Your creations always delight, your techniques and sense of design bring wonder and amazement.I am currently copying a simple technique from you with a distress ink pad and water, plus a simple flower stamp....it has given me a real lift that I can do it, Thank you! Please keep on inspiring and teaching us! This card is another stunner and I love the layout, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Anita, just adore the gorgeous bright flowers against the dramatic black background.Thank you so much for sharing with over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Anita, what a striking stamp! Such sharp detail too.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this soooo eyecatching,stunning Anita and I have a serious case of cad envy!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Utterly hands down perfect for our challenge this week!! Love everything about your beautiful CAS card. Gorgeous take on our 'No Designer Paper' challenge this week. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Sweet Stampin'. See you again soon I hope. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so cool!! Totally loved it!!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card with a lovely design and beautiful flowers. The flowers realy stans our against the dark background! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Such a pretty and striking card.
    Thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, love the colours, I have that stamp and never used it, thanks for the inspiration

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Anita, this is drop dead gorgeous!!! You really captured the beauty of these flowers. My mother had these in her beautiful garden, and your card really warmed my heart.The embossing and your coloring are just wonderful. Thanks for this beauty in my day!

      Delete
  17. So unique and so very eye catching. Amazing stamping and the colour choice is perfect. Gorgeous...love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your pretty card Anita. And, it was very inspiring, beautiful coloring and card layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card in the NO DP challenge at Sweet Stampin!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Anita, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely stunning - I just love how the colours of the flowers pop against the black background! Love love love! Thanks so much for celebrating with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. At first glance the flowers look like a photo! Such a great card! Thanks for the inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful! I love that image (I have these flowers in my garden!) and how you stamped and colored it! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just dropping in again with my other hat on to say I love the inspiration this card gave me. That stamp you used is just perfect as are the wonderful colours you used. Thank you so much for join us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...