At Less is More this week, because there are five Saturdays in April we have a Lucky Dip challenge for you. Here's our cue card for you...
This wasn't the easiest but I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery this week to see how this is interpreted. I have two cards for you this week, both featuring stamped shadows.
Here's the first, and also my first Christmas card of 2017!
I love using Card-io stamps to create winter scenes. I just needed to plan a little before I started then began masking and blending with Distress Inks from the top downwards. Then I stamped the two trees and their shadows using second generation stamping, following the direction of the moon. I die cut my scene using a stitched rectangle die, stamped the sentiment then popped this up on 3D foam.
- Stamps: Card-io - Mini Tall Trees; Happy Little Stampers - Mixed Christmas Sentiments
- Ink: Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
- Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangle Stax
CASology - Challenge #246 - Season
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #239 - Clean and Simple
For my second card I had the idea of creating some foliage and its shadow against a wall...
I started by gently blending the brick wall through a stencil, fading it out across the panel. Next, using the MISTI I stamped the foliage in different pigment inks using mini cubes, as this is one stamp. I then left the stamp in place and shifted the panel up and over very slightly before stamping the image again in grey ink to create the shadow. Finished off by stamping the sentiment and mounting the panel on 3D foam.
- Stamps: Woodware - Going to Seed; Clearly Besotted - Message Me
- Stencil: Tim Holtz - Bricked
- Ink: Distress Ink - Pumice Stone; Versa Color - Evergreen, Pinecone, Bamboo, Green Tea; Hero Arts - Soft Granite; Versafine - Onyx Black
My teamies have created some great projects this week to inspire you, with different takes on the shadow theme so if you have time I'm sure they will appreciate a visit from you.