Sunday 7 May 2017

Honey, I Shrunk the Kit - May 2017

Good morning!

It's time for another get together with my Honey Babes.  I'm so happy to be part of this fun team and thoroughly enjoyed creating with the crafty bundle we received last time.




Every couple of months one of our team put together a bundle of crafty loveliness and send it to the other team members.  It's so great to receive the secret happy mail and to see how each of us use the same products in different ways.

This time it was the lovely Shona's turn to host the challenge and what a cute set we received, full of cute critters and hugs!  Thanks, Shona.

Here is the Honey line up...

Hazel Hodgkins - Hazel's Paper Designs
Sarah Platt - Sazzle Dazzle Crafts
Sarah Gray - Funky Fossil Designs
Anita Bowden - Neet & Crafty (That's me!)

Sadly, we've lost the lovely Sandie who has decided to step down from the team.  So sad not to have you with us this time, Sandie xx


This is the fab package we received from Shona...


The kit included:

Neat and Tangled
 Sequins
Big Hugs die-cut
Awesome die-cuts
Awesome Stamp set (sentiments)

Winnie and Walter
Friend die-cut

My Favourite Things
Hugs die-cut
Cool Cat stamp set
Beast Friends stamp set
Otterly Love You stamp set

Studio Katia
 Stitched Creative Nested Squares die-cut (on watercolour cardstock)

Pretty Pink Posh
 Stitched Rectangle die-cut (on watercolour cardstock)
Stitched 3-window die-cut



You might want to grab a cuppa as I've made six cards using items from the kit, and still have lots left over.  My fussy cutting skills were put to the test with this kit!  So here goes.

As a cat lover I couldn't resist the little furbabies and I made three cards using the cute kitties in the pack so I'll start with those.


Card 1:


I just had to colour this little kitty to look like my beloved Elmo who sadly passed away last year.  He was always standing up like this on his back legs (usually up to no good!).  I created a little scene through a window die by Clearly Besotted, blended some clouds using a die cut by Lawn Fawn with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (apologies, the photo doesn't show the clouds very well) and then I used the trees that were part of the Beastie images from the kit.  I thought a Missing You sentiment was perfect for this little scene, this one is Clearly Besotted.  My images were coloured with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers.





Card 2:


I started by stamping some paw prints by Dovecraft in VersaMark and heat embossed these in white before emboss resist blending with Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet.  I then die cut with a stitched heart by MFT.  I cut down the sentiment from the kit, mounted it onto some grey cardstock and then popped the little kitty up on 3D foam.  He was coloured with FlexMarkers.

Challenge entry:

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Cats and/or Dogs



Card 3:


For this card I started by masking off the edges of the card base and then blended some Milled Lavender Distress Ink through a Tim Holtz mini stencil to create a backdrop for my images.  I then coloured the cat, cushion and food bowl with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers and fussy cut the images before adhering to the card base.  Another sentiment from the kit was cut down and mounted onto some green cardstock.


Card 4:


I used the die cut stitched rectangle from Shona's kit to create a scene.  The top part was blended with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink using a die cut piece using a Lawn Fawn cloud die.  The water was blended first with Stormy Sky Distress Ink and the ripples were created by using a scalloped edge die cut by Clearly Besotted and Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  The otter and rocks were coloured with ProMarkers and FlexMarkers before being fussy cut out, and I finished the scene with some grass using a die by Clearly Besotted.  I die cut the sentiment from the kit using a stitched rectangle to match the larger die cut behind.  The panels were then popped up on 3D foam.


Card 5:


Included in the kit were the Awesome die cut and the co-ordinating shadow.  I coloured the shadow part with a black ProMarker to make the word pop out.  I blended through a stencil by The Crafters Workshop to create the burst and cut down the You Are So sentiment and coloured with with a blue marker.  The whole panel was then popped up on 3D foam.


Card 6:


I had to use one of these cute little beasties from the kit.  I decided to go with the one wearing the scarf and went with the Christmas theme.  I coloured the beastie once again with markers, and the Santa hat, then created an ombre blend with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink on the Friend die cut included in the kit.  I found some patterned paper from a pad by Doodlebug, cut down the beastie sentiment, adhered all the elements and stamped the Merry Christmas by Clearly Besotted at the base.



Are you still with me?  Thanks so much if you are, that was a lot to get through.  I had great fun creating these makes.  If you have time, please do pop over to visit my fellow Honeys following the links above.  I will be off there myself in a short while to see how they've worked their magic with the kit.  Right now I'm no doubt still in bed as it's my birthday today and I'm determined to have a lazy lie-in!


8 comments:

  1. Many Happy Returns of The Day...Have a good one and thank you for sharing these delightful cards with us x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just knew you'd rock those baby furbabes! Loving your stunning little scenes on each of these, rocking CAS and superbly coloured. Swooning over each one and your Christmas one is complete eye-popper! Have a wonderful day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you were obviously inspired by this kit - Anita! So many great ideas and little scenes here. I love the cat cards that you made - the paw prints are a fab touch and I love the mint cushion for the cool cat :) The otter scene is just delightful and that burst stencil is a perfect accompaniment to the awesome die cut. I couldn't quite bring myself to make a Christmas card but your festive yeti is brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed looking through all of your fab creations here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEEK!! Cuteness overload all round!! Firstly, a very happy birthday, dear Anita!! I do hope your day is panning out as you hoped! :-) My day is drawing to an end, and much to my embarrassment, I noticed that I mis-scheduled my post?!?! Clearly, I would have failed time conversions at school!! Anyhow, back to the cards...lone puss in the window is adorable and bittersweet. Know the awful feeling well of losing a loved kitty... pawprints are an AWESOME addition to the second one, and love, LOVE how you incorporated that bg stamp and stencil, respectively, in the cool cat and 'AWESOME' cards! I was dying to use that 'awesome' die, but just couldn't make it happen. The watercoloured scene for that sweet otter works so well! I love how you have created a horizon with those rocks - great layout too, and that Christmas 'beastie' is awesomely festive!! This was an enormously fun kit to play with, and you certainly made fabulous use out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable array of cards! Love what you created with that awesome kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Anita, you did such a fantastic about of cards with this kit!! How gorgeous to be able to colour the cat like Elmo, I love seeing cats standing like that. Such a cute scene. Those pawprint stamps are so perfect for your cat card, wish I had some like that and love the big heart die too. Green and pink is so good together and the stencil you used behind the 'cool cat' is so pretty. I adore your Otter card, just love the scene you made and your clouds are divine (I'm never good with cloud creating...). I wish I had made a Christmas card too, just realised I need to make lots more and love the patterned paper you used. And your 'awesome' card is just that, awesome!! That stencil is so cool and eye catching and the black really makes the word jump off the card. I'm so glad you had fun with the kit and that you have some bits left over to play with. You totally rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEKKKKKK....so in love with all your cards. Your take on this sweet kit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous collection of cards, and what a fab idea to do these kits for each other! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...