It's new challenge time over at Less is More and if you're a regular LIMette then you'll probably know which week it is....One Layer week! Yay....boooo! haha Whether you love it or it fills you with dread, hopefully you'll have a go. Here is our theme for this week...
We also have a lovely Guest Designer joining us this week....Sue of Sue's Card Craft who was our lucky winner for March. So please do pop over and say hi!
Right, onto my cards, and I have four for you this week! First up is one that I think is a great masculine design, something I often struggle with but this came together really easily...
I simply stamped the diagonal stripes then overstamped the sentiment. The dots were then stamped in pigment ink and I clear embossed them to add some shine.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Diagonal Stripes, Brushed Greetings II; MFT - Bokeh Builder
- Ink: Versa Color - Sky Gray, Atlantic, Turquoise, Bamboo; Versafine - Onyx Black;
- Embossing Powder: Wow! - Clear Gloss
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Going Dotty
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #241 - Anything Goes
I little ombre stamping and masking on this one...
I used a recently purchased set from Clearly Besotted for this one. I stamped the sentiment first to ensure I had enough room, then stamped the cup and saucer in two shades of orange to create some depth. I stamped the steam and then masked the cup and saucer to stamp the stripes, again overstamping to create an ombre effect.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Warm Solutions, Basic Stripes
- Ink: Altenew - Sunkissed, Orange Cream, Bamboo, Parrot, Olive, Moss, Limestone; Versafine - Onyx Black
Super simple stamping and masking for my third...
I started by stamping the dotty butterfly in the centre. I then masked it and stamped the block of vertical stripes. A little off-centre sentiment finished off this super simple card.
- Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Butterfly Wishes III, Building Blocks
- Ink: Versa Color - Lavender, Ash Rose; Versafine - Onyx Black
I stripe of dots and stripey score lines too...
I masked off a vertical strip and stamped the dots in three colours. I then added double score lines either side (which I messed up as one isn't quite lined up as I wanted!) Then a sentiment in black to finish.
- Stamps: MFT - Bokeh Builder; Paper Smooches - Sentiment Sampler
- Ink: Versa Color - Atlantic, Mint, Heliotrope; Versafine - Onyx Black
Thanks so much for visiting today. One layer cards don't have to be difficult. Apart from the tea card which took some time with multiple stamping and masking, the rest were pretty quick to create. Just lately I've been overthinking my designs a little too much and trying too hard. So this week I went completely back to basics and kept them really simple.
I hope you can find the time to play along this week :)