Monday, 4 September 2017

Muse Challenge #232 - Swirly Colour Lifting

Hi guys

These months are flying by far too fast this year and it's my turn to be your designer again over at Muse this week.  I love it, of course, but it only seems like last week I was writing my last Muse post!

Hopefully you can grab some inspiration from my card this week.  I've included masking, ink blending, stencilling (water spritz colour lift), a glossy die cut and embossed sentiment strip.  Or perhaps you can take the colours or layout as your starting point.

Here it is...


I seem to be drawn to the purple/blue/green combo quite a lot but I haven't used these particular shades of ink together before.  I masked a diagonal strip of a white cardstock panel and blended the three Distress Ink colours.  With the masks still in place I laid a swirly stencil over the ink blending, spritzed with water, removed the stencil and waited a few moments before blotting with a paper towel to remove some of the colour.  I still love the moment the masks are removed and reveal those lovely clean lines of blending against the white!  I popped the panel up on fun foam before adding a black die cut sentiment and the remainder of the sentiment heat embossed in white on a strip of black.  I finished by adding some Glossy Accents to the die cut to give it some shine.

Materials used:

  • Ink: Distress Ink - Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Pine Needles; VersaMark
  • Stencil: Neat & Tangled - Swirly Twirly
  • Die: Wplus9 - Sending Hoping Wishing
  • Stamp: Altenew - Beautiful Lady
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Opaque Bright White
  • Accents: Ranger - Glossy Accents


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you can play along this week, it will be great to see your interpretations of this one.

6 comments:

  1. Such a lot to admire in your gorgeous card. Love the blending, the water lift technique throught the stencil and the pop of shiny black x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...love those sweet colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Beautiful inking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the colours and the lovely words. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Anita, love your swirly colourful stripe and bold black sentiment, awesome mf ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Anita. Like the colors and the color lifting technique you used :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...